Guidelines for researchers and stakeholders provides a set of principles to ensure research is safe, respectful, responsible, high quality and of benefit to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
Research published in 2004 and earlier using tissue specimens supplied by ABN-Oncology-affiliated tissue banks
- Boussioutas, A., Li, H., Liu, J., Waring, P., Lade, S., Holloway, AJ., Taupin, D., Gorringe, K., Haviv, I., Desmond, P.V., and Bowtell, DDL. (2003) Distinctive Patterns of Gene Expression in Premalignant Gastric Mucosa and Gastric Cancer Cancer Research 63(10): 2569-2577
- Astuti D., Latif F., Wagner K., Gentle D., Cooper W.N., Catchpoole D.R., Grundy R., Ferguson-Smith A.C. and Maher E. (2005) Epigenetic alteration at the DLK-GTL2 imprinted domain in human neoplasia provides evidence for trans interaction between DLK1 and GTL2. British Journal of Cancer 92, 1574-1580
- Stallings R.L., Nair P., Maris J.M., Catchpoole D.R., McDermott M., Breatnach F. and O’Meara A. High resolution analysis of chromosomal breakpoints and genomic instability identifies PTPRD as a candidate tumor suppressor gene in neuroblastoma. Cancer Research, 66(7), 3673-3680, 2006.
- Zeps, N. Iacopetta, B.J. Schofield, L. George, J.M. & Goldblatt, J. (2007) 'Waiver of individual consent in research: When do potential benefits to the community outweigh private rights?', Medical Journal of Australia 186(2): 88-90
- Taylor, JG, Cheuk AT, Tsang PS, Chung J, Song YK, Desai K, Yu Y, Chen Q, Shah K, Youngblood V, Fang J, Kim SY, Yeung C, Helman LJ, Mendoza A, Ngo V, Staudt LM, Wei JS, Khanna C, Catchpoole D, Qualman SJ, Hewitt SM, Merlino G, Chanock SJ, and Khan J. Identification of FGFR4-activating mutations in human rhabdomyosarcomas that promote metastasis in xenotransplanted models J Clin Invest. 2009;119(11):3395–3407
The following research has been published in 2010 using data or tissue specimens supplied by ABN-Oncology-affliated tissue banks:
- Thomas Dunwell, Luke Hesson, Tibor A Rauch, Lihui Wang, Richard E Clark, Ashraf Dallol, Dean Gentle, Daniel Catchpoole, Eamonn R Maher, Gerd P Pfeifer, Farida Latif A Genome-wide screen identifies frequently methylated genes in haematological and epithelial cancers Molecular Cancer 2010, 9:44
The following research has been published in 2011-2012 using data or tissue specimens supplied by ABN-Oncology-affiliated tissue banks
- Ken Dutton-Regester, Darryl Irwin, Priscilla Hunt, Lauren Aoude, Varsha Tembe, Gulietta Pupo, Cathy Lanagan, Candace Carter, Linda O’Connor, Michael O’Rourke, Richard Scolyer, Graham Mann, Christopher Schmidt, Adrian Herington, and Nicholas Hayward (2012) A high throughput panel for identifying clinically-relevant mutation profiles in melanoma. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 11(4):888-97.
Creaney J, Dick IM, Segal A, Musk AW, Robinson BW. Pleural effusion hyaluronic acid as a prognostic marker in pleural malignant mesothelioma. Lung Cancer 2013; 82: 491-498
Creaney J, Sneddon S, Dick IM, Dare H, Boudville N, Musk AW, Skates S, Robinson BWS. Comparison of the Diagnostic Accuracy of the MSLN Gene Products, Mesothelin and Megakaryocyte Potentiating Factor, as Biomarkers for Mesothelioma in Pleural Effusions And Serum. Disease Markers 2013; 35: 119-127